RECENT POST

Saturday, April 16, 2011

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Sexy: Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton looks stunning in tiny leotards and knee-high socks in ES magazine


She's the champion track cyclist whose hoping to achieve stardom when she competes in the London 2010 Olympics.

But sport isn't the only thing on Victoria Pendleton's mind, as she proved when she posed for a sexy new photoshoot for the Evening Standard's ES magazine.

The 30-year-old athlete dons tiny leotards and knee-high socks as she shows off her incredibly toned figure while pulling off some incredibly alluring poses on a bicycle in the new pictures.

And, in the accompanying interview, Pendleton insists she never used to feel pressurised into hiding her femininity, but now is proud to be a girly girl.


Athletic: Victoria admits she is a real girly girl and loves getting dressed up for any occasion


She told the magazine: 'It's a very strong stereotype, women in sport. When I first started racing internationally I would look at the girls and think, "My gosh, do I have to cut my hair off and get really big to show I'm committed?" There were a lot of doubters. People would say, "She's too small, too puny, too girly, why does she straighten her hair? She doesn't take it seriously."

'Well, because I have to sit in my room for hours before I compete, there's nothing else to do. You're not even supposed to move. So I get my eyeliner perfectly straight or do my hair.

'A lot of people assume I fulfill the role of a girly girl because I have to do it in order to be noticed but that's not it. I genuinely enjoy a good dress-up and always have done. I wouldn't want to change that for the world.'


Success: Pendleton is hoping to recreate her success at the London Olympics next year

Now the pressure is on for Victoria to perform well at the London Olympics next year - a prospect that is more than a little daunting for the athlete.

She said: 'It scares me more than it excites me, to be honest; the added pressure of home turf and higher expectations.

'But there are a lot of girly girls in the GB camp now, sitting at the dinner table going, "Ooh, that's a nice nail polish". It's a nice environment, and completely different from when I started.'


source: dailymail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online