RECENT POST

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wailing Wardrobes


As of last Sunday I am now sharing my home office with my entire clothes wardrobe + 36 shoe boxes & their contents....the clothes still hanging in the temporary U-Store It cardboard robes that they arrived in 4 years ago. This is because the day after we moved in, I instructed MOTH to tear apart the hideous built-in robe in our bedroom as it's disgusting olive green aluminium frame & smoked glass sliding doors offended every fibre of my being. 'Not to worry' said MOTH at the time, 'I'll have an ensuite Dressing Room built on the side of the house pronto, just like the one I built you in our old house.'

After a few months of staring at the temporary robes at the end of the bed in our newly renovated & very gorgeous bedroom, I'd had enough of their ugliness. I dragged them upstairs into a spare bedroom. Sometime later, as that room was gutted & transformed into the swisho new Guest Room, they were relocated into the next bedroom along the hallway. This tiny original bedroom resembles a dark cave suitable only for a colony of bats. On Sunday afternoon I received notice to move them yet again. To the only room left upstairs, our home office at the end of the corridor. Yes, the good news is that another room has been earmarked for a gut job & reno. The bad news is that I now have to trip over 2 large workstations, 3 computers, 2 printers, a huge book shelf & all my work storage cupboards to find something to wear to work each morning. The joys of renovating.......one day Millie, one day.

Image: Today's Kitchens

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online