RECENT POST

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

By Sarah Bull


Emotional: Imogen Thomas was reduced to tears on This Morning today as she said she felt 'exploited' by the super-injunction which has prevented her from talking about her affair with a Premiership footballer


Imogen Thomas was reduced to tears on This Morning today as she told of her regret that she didn't have enough money to get a super-injunction to protect her name.

The former Big Brother star has been legally banned from talking about the Premiership footballer she had a six-month affair with, and told Phillip Schofield and Ruth Langsford that she feels as though she has been 'thrown to the lions'.

Struggling to control her emotions, Imogen said: 'I had no intention of ever speaking about the man - I just wish that my name was protected. I didn't have £50,000 to get an injunction.

Stressed: Imogen said she felt as though she had been 'thrown to the lions' by the fact that her name was in the press but the name of the man she had an affair with has remained private


'I feel like i have been thrown to the lions and told to "deal with it". I'm coping with a lot of stress and pressure on my head at the moment, it has such a terrible experience for me. I've done wrong and I'm paying for it.'

Asked whether she had ever planned to 'sell her story' before she found out about the super-injunction, Imogen tearfully replied: 'I would never have said anything. I had no intention of selling my story whatsoever, no intention at all.'

Recalling how she first found out about the super-injunction, Imogen said: 'My flatmate called me and told me, I was out at the time and I started to panic basically.

Struggling: Imogen was joined on the This Morning couch by celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman as she spoke to Phillip Schofield and Ruth Langsford


'There were reporters outside my house at 3pm and it was about 7 or 8 that I heard about the injunction and that it was going to court.

'I had a phone call from the other party's lawyers and I was totally baffled because there was no way on earth I wanted this to come out ever.

'I honestly didn't understand anything about it.

'I got sent an email and i had to read it through, I burst into tears and I was so shocked about what was happening.

'One thing it said was if I ever, ever spoke I would be sent to jail. i thought, "it's not my fault".'

And Imogen added that she hadn't ever wanted her name to be in the public domain associated with an affair with a 'family man' footballer.

She said: 'I didn't want my name to be out there in the public name lie this. I've been exploited. I feel really angry.

'I'm taking responsibility for my actions. I've suffered a lot and it's been a really difficult time for me.

'As foolish as this sounds, I didn't think this would get out into the public domain and I always said I had no intention of selling my story.

'I totally agree in privacy for celebrities and i had no intention of ever selling my story.

'I don't want his name or his family's names to be splashed over the newspapers.

'I have thought long and hard about this, and I have had time to reflect - I do not want that at all.'


source: dailymail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online