RECENT POST

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Over....




It's the end of our Company's Financial Year today & it's CRAZY BUSY!!! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully in a saner frame of mind & with a slightly tidier desk - apologies for my AWOL status in Bloggie World recently. It's been a hard, but rewarding year at work, with a lot of my little 'chicken's' coming home to roost. In the meantime, these are pics of my hero Albert Einstein's desk (I think my sub-conscious is presently doing a desk thing here at The Hedge!). I love the man for all that he did, but most of all for this:

The Photoelectric Effect
A revolutionary hypothesis concerning the nature of light. Einstein not only proposed that under certain circumstances light can be considered as consisting of particles, but he also hypothesized that the energy carried by any light particle, called a photon, is proportional to the frequency of the radiation. The formula for this is E = hu, where E is the energy of the radiation, h is a universal constant known as Planck's constant, and u is the frequency of the radiation. This proposal - that the energy contained within a light beam is transferred in individual units, or quanta - contradicted a hundred-year-old tradition of considering light energy a manifestation of continuous processes. Be still my beating heart, kiss, kiss A.E.!!!

Images: Flickr & Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online