RECENT POST

Monday, March 29, 2010

Shiny Brights


Looking at the state of my silver recently, I'm embarrassed. So I've decided to put some time aside over the coming Long Weekend to cover the Dining Room table with newspaper & drop sheets & go hard. I still use the bottle of Silvo, toothbrushes & old white sheets cut up into buffing cloths - just as my Mum taught me. A Domestic Goddess I'm not, but I do find this is the chore that gives me the most satisfaction after it's done.....and the most frustration!

I've some cherished family pieces that mean the world to me & I really enjoy sitting quietly cleaning them recalling their provenance. My Great-Grandmother's Edie's silver button hook for her high black Victorian boots, soft clothes brush set & silver photo frames. My Grannie's beautiful tea service. Grandpa's engraved water jug from his Adelaide Steamship Company days. Mum's gorgeous heavily embossed coffee pot. My childhood flatware set. And the boys christening mugs. While I'm at it, have you a precious piece you'd like to include in Millie's Silver Cleaning Session?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online