RECENT POST

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Please take a seat!

















Yes, alright then, I confess - I LOVE CHAIRS!! Chairs are so intertwined with the fabric of our lives. I lovingly remember:

  • the little wooden chair my Grandpa made for me as a toddler (in black & white gloss - so chic!).

  • a beautiful slipper chair covered in Sanderson Linen Cabbage Roses print that was in my bedroom growing up - thanks to my darling Mum!

  • the pine chairs complete with bright Marimekko fabric that came with my first grown-up dining room setting as a new bride.

  • an old Nursery rocking chair I sat in (often exhausted!) feeding all the babies.

  • 8 large, high-back chairs from a Dining Room suite bought 25 yrs ago. So many late nights with dear friends & family around our table. They were incredibly comfortable & no-one ever wanted to get up & go home! A year ago they were 'donated' to Sons 4 & 5 when they were furnishing their share house around the corner. They love them & it's wonderful to visit & still be enjoying their familiar comfort in new surroundings.

The photos I've posted do seem to have a theme. Yes, it's pretty obvious that I like feminine, elegant chairs. Not a great fan of sparse, minimalistic, modernist chairs - & I make no apology for that!

I would love to hear your favourite chair memories - it's been so lovely revisiting mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online