RECENT POST

Tuesday, April 7, 2009


14 years ago today on a cold & rainy Saturday evening, I walked down the stairs at gorgeous Carrick Hill & took MOTH on the slippery slope of marriage with Millie. As you can see by the pics, we took the kids with us as well, & boy did that make for an interesting night!

Sons # 3,4 & 5 fessed up some years later that it was here that they experienced their first puff of a cigarette & slurp of beer (both being generously supplied by their 2 newly acquired older brothers!). We all shared the same table at the Reception & a couple of my girlfriends at an adjoining table, reminded me very loudly as I began to absent-mindedly cut up the youngest child's food, that this would be not be appropriate behaviour at my own wedding reception - thanks Robbie & Jill!

So to dear MOTH, Happy Anniversary Darling! Despite looking all those years ago, we couldn't find an instruction book on how to mix 2 families with the minimum of drama, how to respect the memories of our lives with other partners, how to accept that there will be some things we will never share together. And yes, there's been the occasional short-lived dummy spit & a couple of nights in the dog-house. But each time I look at all the boys together, the 'Brothers from another Mother' as they refer to each other, so tight & loyal, I know we've done fine you & I. There's still lots of laughter & good fun, & yes, another house renovation, so long may it continue!

The boys silently wishing it was all over so they could get out of the silly suits that Millie made them wear!

The 3 younger boys gave me away - a favourite pic with our much loved Priest who had cradled me as a baby in his arms at my Christening.

Here's all the dear little Angels at MOTH's sister's house for the morning-after recovery session following MOTH's big birthday bash in Melbourne last year. Kristy, Ghi, Heather, Leeah & Alicia I salute you all - you are 5 brave girls for taking this lot on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online