RECENT POST

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Walking with my Baby

Image Silver Cross

While out walking over the weekend here in Stirling, I passed a Mum proudly wheeling her baby in a shiny new Silver Cross pram & what a head-turner it was! She was talking loudly to her husband & I detected a strong English accent, so I surmised that they may have brought the said perambulator with them from the Old Country. Known as the Bentley for Babies, they are considered the ultimate in baby carriages. Highly impractical I hear you say & yes, they don't fold down, so that rules out ever travelling anywhere by car or public transport. Add to that the fact they weigh a whopping 75lbs. & you'd have Buckley's getting it through the entrance of any store while out shopping. You'll also have to hand over AU$3,999 to own one, but gosh they have a certain something!

The top of the range is the Balmoral, which is handmade in rural England. It features a hand-sprung chassis, hand-spoked wheels, hand stitched pinstriped lining & a sequentially numbered plaque. Colours available are Navy, Navy & White and Brown & Cream, but I'm very partial to the one pictured above in elegant Onyx Black. I'd love to hear your pram stories (I won't share mine in detail, but it involves leaving a new baby outside the Welland Plaza Fruit Shop fast asleep in his pram & only remembering him as I drove into the driveway at home)! Oh & what colour would you like your Balmoral to be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online