RECENT POST

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bye Bye Baby




I've been umming & aahing for ages about what to do with this chest of drawers. It was part of a set (it, an oval mirror & a sleigh-style cot/bed) which I had made by a local guy when I was renovating the Nursery while awaiting Son #5's arrival. As Bub's about to turn 27, it's certainly time to give this baby a new lease of life. It's actually really useful for storage, the drawers are deep & hold a myriad of stuff. In actual fact, the 2 bottom drawers hold all the boys favourite soft toys that I can't bear to toss out - Big Teddy, Blue Ted, Snoopy, Little Monkey, Mr. Elephant, Teddy Ruxpin, Growly Lion & others. It's currently sitting in the last unrenovated bedroom, which MOTH & I use as one big walk-in wardrobe & general dumping ground/junkroom. We don't have any storage in our bedroom until the 'Builder' starts a Dressing Room addition through the end wall out into the garden - the plans are drawn.

My mind was made up for me this week when I saw this lovely chest in the first pic. I'm happy with the other old 80's pieces I've given a new look to & are now sitting pretty & useful in the Guest Room. So out with the paint & some new handles & I reckon I'll get another 20 years out of this baby.

Image: R. Grant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online