RECENT POST

Monday, July 20, 2009

300 Games!

Well who would have thought it - 300 posts!

According to my Coach MOTH, 300 posts is just like 300 footy games, which by his reckoning really puts me near the end of my blogging career & living on borrowed time! As it stands, I got to my 300th fairly quickly because of an almost injury-free run & no Referee reports (although a few of you may have quietly given me the occasional red or yellow card!). There's been the occasional biffo/melee incident with the odd snarky anonymous comment, but the Reject Comment button has resolved that nicely thank you.

There's been the odd fall-out or 3 with the Coach, but they've mostly happened 'behind the play'. I've also fielded offers from opposition clubs (Typepad & Wordpress most notably), but since there was no money attached, I've stayed loyal to my original club Blogger.

And we won't even discuss the scandal on the 2008 End-Of-Season Players trip. I could go on......media offers, dodgy sponsorship deals (from Banner Ads. wanting me to promote all manner of 'performance' enhancing gadgets). For the sake of decorum after consulting the Coach, I did decline all these offers.

So as I run through the 300th game banner today, provided by The Hedge's very loyal Cheer Squad, it weighs heavily on my shoulders that you may have to endure another 300 rough & ready posts, the occasional great win & a few monumental losses!

The 2 comments on my very first post came from 2 gorgeous girls, the wickedly wonderful Heidi from HeidiClaire & the sensationally stylish Anne-Marie from The House That A-M Built. Amazingly, they are still around here at The Hedge, leaving the most fabulous & supportive comments. A huge thank you to you both - I cherish the bond of blogging friendship we have built over the past 300 posts. And of course, to all Hedgies (lovely readers of The Laurel Hedge!), whether you've supported me from Day 1 or are new to The Hedge, thank you for keeping me on my toes, for your warm & supportive comments & your own lovely blogs.

Two Dogs & A Garden

So to celebrate this milestone please join in my Giveaway. The newly-released Two Dogs & A Garden is a sumptous book filled with passion, beauty & truly gorgeous photographs. It is the story about an extraordinary & unique property on the Central coast hinterlands of New South Wales & the trials & tribulations experienced by those living there - Professor Bob Cherry, his wife Dr. Derelie Cherry & their dogs, Jessee & Trudy. Everyone who leaves a comment on the 300 Games! post will be included in the draw for this delightful book. The winner will be drawn fairly & randomly on Sunday July 26th & announced here @ The Hedge on Monday July 27th 2009. Your prize will be gift-wrapped & posted/shipped to your home address & readers anywhere are warmly invited to participate. Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online