RECENT POST

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dust Evader


MOTH informed me last night that he would be getting the 'Big Daddy' concrete sander into the Bathroom From Hell this weekend to sand of all the 'dags' left over from the pour. He'll need to do this prior to screeding the floor to get a really even surface before tiling. Well, experience tells me that there will be one all-pervading theme here this weekend - CLOUDS OF THICK CHOKING CONRETE DUST!!!

So there's nothing for it but to evade the dust completely with a little weekend away, pack up Louis V. & as I've had a longing for Venice lately, I reckon that's exactly where I'll be heading! And as time is of the essence I've had to call for the private jet to whisk me away!

Firstly I'll grab a water taxi to my apartment in San Marco,the Giustinian. Just a few steps from the Accademia Bridge and the Palazzo Franchetti gardens, this exquisite first floor apartment has views onto the Grand Canal, & is so cute & comfortable.

With the terrace doors wide open, the sounds of the busy Venice street life come & welcome me warmly.

The comfortable little sitting room invites me to sit for awhile & just chill.

Such pretty antiques pieces are scattered throughout the apartment.

And the dining room beckons me to sit for a moment at the table & plan my day.

Such a spacious & elegant bedroom that I know will lull me to my dreams in lighting fast time.

And a sweet skirted dressing table to sit & apply my 'war paint' at each morning.

Even a compact kitchen, but I hope I won't be needing it.

And a divine terrace to sit & contemplate my next move.

I'll wander down to get a good coffee.

And then take a long walk to just breathe in all the amazing sights & sounds here.......

and here......

and here.

And then off to Quadrilatero d’Oro, Via Montenapoleone, Della Spiga, Via Borgospesso and Via Sant’Andrea for some serious retail therapy.

And as I love the occasional dinner alone, it's off to St. Mark's Square for dinner & lots of people watching.

Oh, & look who's in town as well - how lucky am I! Couldn't think of a better couple of Dust Evaders as these two gorgeous boys! Well, must go George & Brad have beckoned me over to join them for a drink. My virtual trip to Venice is only brief & very superficial, but if you want to know more, our good mate Vicki A. over @ French Essence wrote a sublime post on Venice here.
Full of beauty, style & substance, you'll enjoy every word - I promise!


Image 1: Complete Seal Image 2: Artistry Masterworks Images 3-10, 13, 14: Venice Prestige Image 11: Italy Heaven Image 12: Science Blogs Image 15: Flickr Image 16: Z.About Image 17: Fresno Beehive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online