RECENT POST

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Charisma


I visited my very, very favourite client yesterday & as always it was a joyous experience. 20 years ago, when I made the leap from nursing into a sales role, Dr. J & his colleague & partner Dr. N were my first & most important clients. While I adore Dr. N, it is with Dr. J that my heart really lies, for one reason, & one reason only, he is the most charismatic person I've ever met. Now before I go any further I should do a quick description of The Charismatic One (TCO). He is mid-60's, 5'4" (on a good day) & almost totally bald. Not exactly George or Gerard or Jude. But Dr. J has more charisma is his little finger than all the current pack of male Hollywood movie stars put together.

MOTH is well aware of my feelings, in fact he knows Dr. J well, through inter-Club rowing comps. & they like each other a lot. When I've been to see Dr. J in the Lab., I drift home, my feet not touching the ground & with a wistful, far-away look on my face. This generally lasts for 3-4 days by which time MOTH is sick & tired of it all & so breaks the magic with a loud 'You've been to see Dr. J, haven't you!!!' 'Yes,' I sigh, & then sigh again, gazing out the window & remembering with much fondness my most recent visit with TCO. And then MOTH's standard retort comes loud & clear. 'Geez Millie, I honestly don't know what you see in him!' Well, bloody hell MOTH you wouldn't, 'cos you can't even begin to understand that wonderfully elusive thing called charisma.

I've often thought about what Dr. J has & why I'm totally besotted by him. It's certainly not a physical attraction, I like to think that our relationship & mutual admiration transcend the base desires. In fact, if Dr. J had ever made a pass at me I would have run a zillion miles an hour in the opposite direction. He does something though that no other man has ever done to me - when I speak to him, he gives me his total & absolute attention. I feel like I'm the only person in the world to him at that point & it's awesome. He leans in toward me when I'm speaking, yet doesn't invade my personal space. He looks directly into my eyes, yet I don't feel threatened. He's just got IT.

Interestingly I was at lunch with half a dozen of my competitors a few years ago (we're a friendly mob here in Adelaide) & the subject of Dr. J came up. Much to my amazement, the table went silent & all the girls did exactly the same as me....big sighs & wistful looks took over. Wow I thought, it just isn't me who's beguiled by Dr. J's charisma, it's all of us!!!

I'll be so interested to hear how you define charisma & if you'd care to share your experiences with A Charismatic One please go right ahead, I reckon it may make for some very interesting reading!


Image: Art Form

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online