RECENT POST

Sunday, April 11, 2010


I'm happy to report that the Bathroom-From-Hell is steadily progressing, although MOTH had a minor set-back over the weekend as he wasn't totally happy with the fall level in the double shower alcove, so ripped up a couple of centimetres of the newly-laid concrete floor & is in the process of redoing it. He performed that highly technical manoeuvre The Bucket of Water Test & found that there was minor pooling just outside of the shower screen area. So thought it better to be safe than sorry & decided to redo it.

I'd ripped the pic below out of an Country Style mag years ago, dug it out recently & gave it to MOTH to use as a guide for the mirror over the vanity bar. I thought it looked good inset in a surround & he said it wouldn't prove difficult. However over the weekend I had an minor epiphany while drooling over the real estate images of a newly renovated house in Adelaide. Considering the BFH is only the size of a small broom cupboard, I've scrapped my first idea & asked MOTH to do a floor-to-ceiling mirror instead. I'm hoping this is going to create an illusion of more space (ie. the old smoke & mirrors trick!). Is that old decorating tenet of using mirrors to reflect more area still relevant. Any thoughts?

Image 1: Klemich Real Estate Image 2: Country Style

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online