RECENT POST

Monday, October 11, 2010

Connecting The Dots

I installed that Link Within widget thingie on The Hedge earlier in the year & boy, has that baby provided me with some moments of introspection. Associated posts will pop up & I think 'I have no recollection at all of that post, did I write it?' So I take a peep & yep, other than a couple of posts by that rogue Guest Blogger Mr. MOTH, it was me signing off, no doubt about it.

However one edifying thing about revisiting these past posts is the Comments section. The names I see right from those earliest of posts are the names I see commenting on The Hedge's most recent posts. There is history now behind each of those names & I love it! Beautiful loyal people who's comments over the years have caused lots of laughter, much nodding of head & the occasional tearing over of eyes. I feel a connectedness that I won't have dreamt possible. After all, we didn't go to school together, survive the rigours of nursing training, we haven't worked at the same Company over the years, didn't go to the same Playgroup with our babies, our kids didn't attend the same schools, we mostly don't live in the same state or even the same country. So what is it that makes me feel so joined at the hip to you all?

It's that sometime, all of us bravely (well, I think so!) clicked the Create New Blog button & decided that we had something we wanted to say & we have. Would I do it all again - you bet I would! If I'd hesitated & thought this wasn't the medium for me, I would have missed the opportunity to connect with the most interesting, stimulating, bright, funny, brave, inspirational, clever, provocative, talented group of people. So from me to you, thank you for your continued loyalty & contributions to my life behind The Hedge, you have added a brilliant, shiny facet to my life that I promise to keep polished for a long time to come.

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online