RECENT POST

Monday, March 30, 2009

Shoes Off!


A very busy 4 days are over & I so want to kick off my shoes & put my feet up on this very pretty foot-stool from the gorgeous fabric house Voyage Decoration. The Conference was marvellous, the Organisers did a fantastic job & the Scientific Programme was awesome! On Saturday one of the Research Fellows presented a paper on the first 2 cases of an amazing new procedure & received something I've rarely seen in 20 years, a standing ovation from his peers. His presentation actually moved me to teary eyes. I thought how lucky we are to have such fantastic young Clinicians in this country who are so passionate about what they do - the future looks very bright, as long as we can keep them here for the long-term.

I had a lovely villa at the Resort, but really didn't get to see much of it. However, it was such a treat to be able to leave the windows open in my bedroom & be lulled to sleep each night by the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the beach just a few metres away. We had a free afternoon on Saturday & so raced off for a quick run around some of the Margaret River wineries. I was particularly taken with the breath-taking Voyager Estate - quite spectacular, I want to return soon.

As I suspected MOTH & the boys got up to mischief & looked to have launched this year's Footy Season extremely 'enthusiastically'. No work had been done on the bathroom, the fridge was stripped bare & the pantry looked like it had been raided by the marauding hoards! So I'd better drag my exhausted mind & body down to the Supermarket & restock before MOTH chews off his arm in hunger desperation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online