RECENT POST

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Boys



Being the Mum of 5 sons has meant that I've spent an inordinate amount of time in our Laundry room. If I look back the two thing's that have defined my time in there are jeans & hoodies. A pain to wash & an even bigger pain to dry especially in the deepest, darkest, coldest days of a Hills Winter. When I saw this wonderful painting recently by Melbourne artist Juan Ford, I felt that if ever a visual image summed up all the years I've spent with my boys, this would definitely be it! A hoodie has been their uniform, complete with broken zips, ripped cuffs & bands, JB & Cola stains & the odd cigarette burn or two! Ford has got the stance perfect, hands in pockets & the hips slightly askew, ready to swagger off to meet their mates. I just love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online