RECENT POST

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sticky Beak


A secret garden in Savannah

MOTH's been in the Dog-House yet again for a statement he made while we out to dinner with friends recently. One of my mates asked me what I'd been up to lately & before I could reply, MOTH piped up 'She's been blogging!' So as you can imagine that's where the conversation immediately went. Now while I love my little blog, I'm very territorial about it with non-believers. In fact you could say it's about the only time I ever clam up about anything. My friend then asked me why do I blog. Once again before I could answer, MOTH jumped in with 'Because she's nosey & likes to have a squiz into everyone else's lives!' Well, that was it - he got Millie's famous 'Death Stare' & a very firm kick under the table, both of which seemed to silence him pretty quickly.

So for the record I don't blog because I'm nosey. If MOTH actually asked me for a sensible explanation, I'd be very happy to give him one! But I will admit I am quite nosey when it comes to houses & gardens. I have been known to stick my nose over the occasional fence or 5 for a quick sticky-beak. And I'm hopeless when it comes to walled gardens. MOTH reckons if there was a ladder small enough to fit into my handbag, I'd definitely have one! These are some secret gardens that just make me want to ask him for a leg-up, so I could poke my nose over the top & drool at the vista beyond.

A walled garden in Charleston

Beautiful iron gates in Barretstown

A meandering path to an interesting space ahead

Stone walls form a fascinating back-drop to this garden in Stocktonbury

Opening the gate into a secret garden in St. Mary's Bramber

Climbing roses & perennials fill a corner of this delightful secret garden at the Geffrye Mueseum

A beautiful secluded space in Hoboken, a busy suburb of New York

Excitement for what lies ahead beyond these wonderful iron gates in Palermo

An enticing entrance to a pretty courtyard garden in Charleston

Another gorgeous secret garden in Hoboken

This most fabulous old gate in this stone wall just begs to be opened

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online