RECENT POST

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Three Little Words

Image Abigail Bryans

How I wish they were George Clooney Rang - unfortunately they're not. In actual fact the three I have to write strike fear into the very core of my being - ANNUAL SALES MEETING! No exotic off-shore locations for us this year, just a week in Sydney at a venue best described as 'interesting'! In my 19 years doing this job, I've attended about 80 of these meetings in some form or another here & overseas & that's 79 too many! Nothing ever changes, except a few different faces & the expense account limits, which apparently this year will restrict us to a glass of tap water & half a packet of Crisps each night at the Hotel Bar.

Our M.D. reckons he always knows how well (or not!) the Meeting is going by checking out the look on Miss Millie's face during his presentations, always a good barometer Mr. C! The lowlight (oops, highlight) will of course be the Awards Dinner. And this year they've again added that other 3 word nightmare to the evening - Team Building Activities! Last year's similar event was an unmitigated disaster & set inter-divisional Company harmony back about 20 years. We all still haven't recovered from being lost on the Qld. island while on a mindless Treasure Hunt contrived by HR that went horribly pear-shaped in torrential wind & rain - now there's a whole post on its own! So it's heartening to see that HR want to try & better that record by having another go this year!

So think of me this week, as I gaze longingly out the windows onto the gorgeous shimmering waters of Sydney Harbour & check my watch a zillion times a day. And it looks like I'll be taking MOTH's cold with me on my travels, as I've woken up very hot & bothered, with the coughs & splutters - please let it all be over soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online