RECENT POST

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Fortunate Life

Image Lucyina

My very big week in Sydney is over & I'm happy to be home again. I really struggled with what turned into a very heavy cold, but have managed to survive another annual Sales Meeting. As expected it was a very intense, but also a very happy week. It was such a treat to share the company of my colleagues - working remotely from Head Office has its great advantages, but I miss the regular camaraderie of my workmates.

Even though my Division is the smallest in the Company, we are the tightest, mainly due to the nature of our work. There is no room for egos here, we need to collaborate or die! I looked around the room on Friday & thought how lucky I am to be part of them. They are just gorgeous human beings - warm, respectful, generous, giving & so clever it hurts! How fortunate I am to work (& play) with them. And the icing on the cake was that we scooped the pool at the Awards night - woo-hoo! Now back to the real world & a huge catch-up week at work, ouch.

Sons 4 & 5 spoilt me yesterday with a fantastic Mother's Day brunch here. Arriving with 3 dozen freshly-shucked oysters on ice, yummy home-made ham & cheese croissants & a bottle of my very favourite bubbly, they proceeded to set a surprisingly elegant table with flowers & my best china. A great time was had by all & then my day was made complete when they cleared the table & did the dishes - be still my beating heart!

I have really missed you all & as I'm not working today, I'm looking forward to spending a couple of hours calling in & seeing what's been happening in your lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online