RECENT POST

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dressed in Black


Apologies for the quick post today, but as you can see I'm in mourning. Mourning for the 2 years worth of Superannuation contributions that have disappeared from my Account. I received the statement yesterday & just couldn't bring myself to open it. I tossed it in my handbag & during a break between cases today, I opened it. So that's it confirmed, I'll be officially working until I'm 95. No rest at Shady Acres for me.

There is also another painful issue to deal with - MOTH. I've always liked to live on the edge with my Super, so I've had the lot in a moderately high-risk portfolio & it's paid off. MOTH had a premonition about the GFC before it actually happened & moved his Super to a Cash Fund & hasn't lost a cent. He suggested I do the same, but I just never got around to it. So tonight I'll get the big smug 'I told you so' lecture from the old boy. Pass the brandy bottle please.

Image: Flickr (Chrissy Piper)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online