RECENT POST

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mending Broken Hearts


I have to say hello & goodbye today for the rest week, as I'm off to Sydney again. Our biggest Scientific College meeting of the year is being held this week at Darling Harbour & its all go. This meeting is always really enjoyable as its very interactive with concurrent Live cases happening at 3 remote sites. So the audience is able to participate via the Moderators & Panel & ask questions of the Clinicians as they perform the actual procedures. They generally 'save up' very complex cases for this meeting, so it's often edge of your seat kinda stuff. The patients are awake, so feel like big screen stars in their own right & often comment as much! The Clinicians are miked up & with no ability to delay commentary, we are often exposed to some pretty interesting & colourful language from the Labs., especially if things go pear-shaped!

The International faculty looks particularly 'juicy' this year, & the frank & candid banter between these guys is always my favourite part. I've got some Simulator Workshops to run with the Interventional Fellows & the 'Galah' Dinner to sit through on Wednesday night, so I'd better go & work out which pretty frock I need to pack. I've included some of my pics from last year's Meeting, to illustrate how the Live Case cross-overs are done. It's no mean feat co-ordinating this, the poor Techs. always look soooo stressed out!

I've told all my lovely work colleagues that unlike last week, where it seems my hotel room was party central & it was my mini-bar that was drunk dry, another room will have to be found this week. I need my sleep & a fully stocked mini-bar at all times to get through the gruelling days ahead. Have a mighty week everybody & see you at the weekend.


Image: Dee Puddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online