RECENT POST

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Winter Garden


Here in the Adelaide Hills it is the dead of Winter. Everything in the garden is grey & bare, the trees are without their verdant green coats & the earth is freezing cold. However today the sun shone through the clouds for a little while & our camellias & rhododendrons are just starting to give us a tantalizing hint of what's to come.

I had a much-needed afternoon off before I head out to Sydney to work for the rest of the week & this is what I found as I wandered around our garden after lunch today. It was very cold, but the quiet stillness of our property refreshed me perfectly. We had a heavy rainstorm overnight, so some of the delicate blooms are a little bruised & battered, but their beauty is still awesome. Some days are diamonds, today is one of them.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online