RECENT POST

Monday, November 24, 2008

Millie's Christmas List

Image Jane Means


Yay - MOTH has just made the announcement I wait for all year "Millie my darling one, heart of my heart, I want to start carefully choosing your presents now, wrapping them beautifully & ensuring you get everything your heart desires. So my sweet, could you start letting me know what you'd like to find under the Christmas Tree this year, in your own time of course my precious."

Ooops, I think I hallucinated for a brief moment, wake up you silly Millie! In actuality the conversation went along these lines "I've got no bloody idea what to get you. Here, write a couple of things down on this scrappy bit of paper & hurry up about it. Shopping for you is always a pain, I hate Christmas!" Now that's more like the MOTH I know & love.

If past years are anything to go by the scenario will go something like this:

  • A last minute dash into David Jones on Christmas Eve.
  • A quick spin around the perfume counter.
  • Be the Christmas Grouch to all the poor weary DJ girls.
  • Throw the present, unwrapped & still in the DJ's bag under the Chrissie tree.
  • Oh & as he reckons he can never find any gift cards, he'll grab a black Marker pen & write my name on the outside of the Store bag!
  • Grumble intensely when 2 weeks after Christmas, he receives a parking ticket for illegally parking outside DJ's.

Yes, he's one of a kind when it comes to Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online