RECENT POST

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vintage French Style

Iron Gates Circa 1900

Montgolfiere Chandelier Circa 1930


Set of Brass Andirons Circa 1880


Louis XV Style Bibliotheque Circa 1860


French Window with Mirrored Centre Circa 1880


Oak Draper's Table Circa 1900


Louis Phillipe Gilt Mirror Circa 1840


French Stone Bac Circa 1800

Antiques Avignon is one of my very favourite stores in Adelaide & I love to stop & take a peek each time the owners Elisabeth & John, return from a buying trip to France.

If I could have just one of these beautiful pieces, then it would have to be the long Oak Draper's table - I have so the right place for it along a wall in our Living Room! Every Christmas MOTH drags in the battered old wooden trestle tables from the shed & I struggle to disguise them with metres of white linen cloth. No cloth on this gorgeous table, just all the big platters laid out beautifully ready for everyone to fill their plates from. However, running a very close 2nd are those gorgeous iron gates - I reckon I'd have no trouble designing a whole new house around these beauties!

And what about the brass andirons - blow the appropriate fireplace, I think a very stylish conversion into stunning table lamps would be perfect.

Now my friends, it's over to you to tell me which piece you'd like to see the Courier delivering to your place. And this time I'm not even going to 2nd guess who'll choose what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online