RECENT POST

Wednesday, December 17, 2008


I'm so glad my dear sister-in-law Jennie doesn't read my blog, 'cos I've got some bad news for her! Her much loved older brother MOTH panicked this morning about not having bought her Chrissie present yet & reluctantly went shopping. Now as you all know by now, MOTH has a terrible habit of taking short-cuts in just about all aspects of his life & today was no exception. No, he didn't make an effort & head off to the Mall or some swanky gift store in the City, he stepped out of the shower & with just a towel & his credit card between him & the screen, sat down at the computer & shopped online. And much to my horror, the store he chose was the Melbourne Football Club Shop!

Now his side of the family have been staunch Melbourne supporters for 25 generations (or thereabouts) & his sister is a paid-up Member, but what I saw next shocked me to the core. He purchased the piece of nightwear in the above picture for his only sister, stating quite excitedly that "This is the best present I've ever got her!"

So on Christmas morning, my stylish, elegant, sophisticated Size 8 sister-in-law is going to open her pressie & find the tackiest navy & red, over-sized 100% polyester dressing gown in the whole wide world staring up at her! And the icing on the cake will be the Club logo emblazoned all over the back ! It's just as well that she'll be 700kms. away in Melbourne or I have a feeling that MOTH may well find himself with the offending article firmly wrapped around his neck & being pulled increasingly tighter by his beloved sister!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online