RECENT POST

Sunday, September 6, 2009


I had trouble with the Builder over the weekend. In the bathroom of the shagadelic, psychedelic Townhouse in Norwood we leased for the year that we were searching for a Hills property, there were glass shelves in all the shower recesses. They jutted out from the tiled walls & held the obligatory shampoo/body wash & assorted paraphernalia. The Builder has a terrible habit of always dropping either the shampoo bottle or his razor in the shower. From the first shower he had at Norwood, the kids & I were subjected to the most terrible screams emanating from the bathroom. He's not exactly a slim, racing greyhound kinda guy, so every time he bent down to retrieve the fallen articles, he'd forget about the glass shelves & come up with a rush, only to crunch all manner of himself on the offending shelves.

So in our current bathroom reno. I thought I'd remove all possibility of having to revisit this again & put in a request for a tiled recess/niche in the new double shower. Well honestly, you would have thought I'd asked him to rebuild all the houses in our little country lane! He did nothing but argue, whinge, sulk & generally carry on about it all weekend. I eventually had to play my trump card 'OK then if you're going to be difficult about it I'll withhold your next progress payment'. I'm pleased to report that the niche has been built.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online