RECENT POST

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Send In The Clowns



Most of the adverse events in MOTH's life are tinged with a certain sense of irony. Friday was no exception.

Traffic Expiation Notice from the South Australian Police.
Line 1 - Using a hand-held cell phone while driving. Fine $300.
Line 2 - Disobeying red traffic light signal. Fine $350.
TOTAL $650.00

I would never be so bold as to suggest that maybe, just maybe, the 1st fine would never have occurred without the 2nd. I can almost see the guys in the Fines division of SAPOL reviewing their camera images & observe MOTH cruise through the amber/red light. 'Hold on guys, go in tight, I reckon that Clown is talking on his cell phone - bingo, another $300!'

I hasten to add that I don't condone MOTH's actions for one nanosecond - he deserves everything coming to him. However I have offered him a solution that hopefully will keep him out of any further trouble with the law. Out of the blue, one of MOTH's mates made me an offer for my lovely car last week. MOTH & the Accountant forced my hand, as it really is time to 'let it go', so I reluctantly (cue much wiping away of tears!) accepted. After seeing Not Dr. McDreamy on Friday, I went & ordered a new car. This new Millie-mobile has bluetooth for me to tune my cell-phone into, so I've told MOTH he can have the hands-free kit from my current car to put into his work truck. He gave me his best shy-Di look from underneath his fluttering eyelashes & said 'Er yep, that might be a rooly good idea Mills.'

Image 1: Auto Blog Image 2: GPS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online