RECENT POST

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Red Dawn


I arrived back home last night from my week in Sydney with MOTH waiting for me at the Airport, vacuum cleaner in hand, ready to remove the 2 inches of red dust topsoil that I had bought back with me. Wednesday was a truly awesome day in the Harbour city, I woke early at 5am. to find my hotel room enveloped in this weird red-orange dawn light. Even though we were tucked up inside, as the day progressed my eyes became dry & irritated & my throat prickly. The wind was so strong & whipped the air around ferociously. One of my colleagues commented it was like being on a movie set for an apocalyptic film about the end of civilization due to nuclear holocaust or some other general catastrophe. And as this person is generally the 'Class Clown', I was concerned.

Thank you to everyone who left messages of concern. My cell phone ran riot as well, with family & friends enquiring after my well-being on Wednesday. MOTH suggested I change my phone message to 'Hi this is Millie - cough, cough, splutter, splutter!'.
Image: The Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online