RECENT POST

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Knit One, Purl One


As many Hedgies know I am an abject failure as a Craftsperson. Give me a complex Financial Forecast Analysis to do & I'll be a happy girl. Ask me to do anything with a pair of scissors or an artist's brush, a blank canvas or needle & it will all end in tears - I promise! However there is ONE thing I can do that's vaguely crafty & that's KNIT!

MOTH's been angling for me to knit him a big cream, cable knit Aran sweater forever - in all my spare time, not!!. He always mutters something about really proving that I love him. He brought the subject up again this week, so I have decided to use some of my last Qrt. bonus & buy the wool. And having seen the recent price of Patons Jet, it may be ALL of my bonus! I'm not a hoarder, but for some reason I've kept my favourite pattern book, old & tattered, but still eminently usuable. I remember the first sweater I knitted from it - I was a first year student Nurse & was doing a 3 month stint of night-duty at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Rather than have you trying to guess how many years ago that may be, I'll make it easy for you. I was 17 & the year was 1973. Yes an astonishing 36 years ago. The RRP on the book was a whopping 70c. - oh those were the days!

So knit one, purl one everyone - and have a warm & woolly weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online