RECENT POST

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monday's Agenda

So many things to write about, so little time! So dear Hedgies, excuse the formal format but it's Catch-Up day & the only way I'll be able to remember everything is by setting the Agenda & sticking to it!



  • First & foremost, I've been slack! So apologies that I haven't visited you all as I've wanted to over the past couple of weeks, but life has just gone ballistic at work & home of late & I was caught unprepared! But I do sneak in a look as best I can & top marks everyone, there is so much fun, beauty & creativity out in Blogland at the moment that my heart could burst!


  • After 4 days of driving, I am absolutely smitten with the new Millie-Mobile. My much-loved old car went to a very happy new Owner, so once I'd said my sad good-byes, I was able to give the new car my undivided attention. For those rev heads interested in the Tech. Specs., it's a Subaru Outback MY10 3.6R Premium S/Shift - phew! To say I'm delighted would be an understatement, which of course pleases Son # 3 who was involved in the deal.


  • Don't forget it's the Manor Ball this Tuesday Oct. 13th (U.S. time). If you haven't had the chance to make Willow's acquaintance over @ Willow Manor please do. You'll receive a very warm welcome from one of the loveliest gals in Blogland, who's posts continue to inspire, touch, enlighten & humour me every day. I have found the most beautiful gown so I'll be linking a post to The Manor for the occasion.



  • One of the sweetest Bloggers & one of my very first Bloggie friends is Kimberlee over @ Brown Button. She lives just down the Freeway in Adelaide & last year Miss K. took an enormous leap of faith & opened her on-line store Brown Button Trading. She's been juggling the demands of her full-time job with running her burgeoning empire & last week received 2 fantastic accolades in the local media. Way to go girl - I'm so proud of you!


  • Thank you to my dear Bloggie chum Lisa over @ The Lisa Porter Collection for the Honest Scrap Award. It's all about honesty & gratitude, so I've got a lot to live up to! You want me to spill the beans on 10 Honest Things about myself, a great big ask I reckon, so here goes:

1. I love my bangs (fringe) 'cos it gives me something to hide under.
2. I love my job so much that I'd still do it even if they didn't pay me.
3. I'd go barefoot all year round if I could.
4. I loathe circuses & refused to ever take the kids to one. They now tell me they have suffered hugely because of this.
5. Sometimes I just need a whole day to myself without uttering a single word. Although MOTH would find this impossible to believe.
6. I vacuum with the CD player volume up really, really loud & dance around channelling Tina Turner.
7. Although I'm very grateful for my sight, I absolutely loath & detest wearing specs.
8. I love being 53, it doesn't worry me in the slightest.
9. I adore my all my boys & can honestly say I wasn't at all disappointed not to have had a daughter.
10. I daydream about having a business card that reads 'Millie - Freelance Travel & Lifestyle Writer'.


  • Thank you so much to dear Meredith at Count It All Joy for giving me a lovely shout-out on the occasion of her Blog-iversary



  • Sweet Simone over at the wonderful The Bottom of the Ironing Basket recently did a lovely tribute to her Down Under blogging mates. I was thrilled & very humbled to be included - thank you from one of your many fans.

  • To the gorgeous Jac @ Home thanks for your very kind Award. I so enjoyed the derelict Bathroom scene, just perfect for The Hedge's endless bathroom renovation!

Son #4 with the new kitten Missie

MOTH & Son #4 with Tazzie & her favourite toy

Son #5 with his much-loved puppy Tazzie

  • Sons 4 & 5, along with #5's sweet girlfriend A. invited MOTH & I over to their new house for Dinner last night, while #4 was home on his week off. It's a long story, but this house actually belonged to my Grannie's dear friend & I used to visit her there with my Mum & Grannie as a little girl. Now 2 of the boys are renting it via family members who recently asked the boys if they like to become the new Tenants, talk about life coming the full circle. Puppy Tazzie is growing in leaps & bounds & is still a whirlwind, but an absolute delight! They also have a new addition to the family, a 17 week old Burman kitten called Missie (short for Mischief!). She & Tazzie are good mates already, but Missie can only take Tazzie's exuberance for so long before calling it quits & heading off under a bed for some peace & quiet.

Image 1:Real Simple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online