RECENT POST

Thursday, January 28, 2010


...if only it was that easy! Big problems yesterday with our PC. Things are grim & it's currently being assessed in the Emergency Department. I heard the Tech. mumble those spine-chilling words Hard Drive & Mother Board, so a likely admission straight to Processor ICU once a 'bed' becomes available looks inevitable. I'd set time aside over Christmas to back everything up to an External Hard Drive for inclusion in my 'Run Millie, Run' Important Documents Box in case of bushfire. So when the Tech. said yesterday, 'And I suppose you haven't backed-up', it was with a certain degree of smugness Mr. Smarty Pants received my reply. I can use my work laptop but everything is routed through our Server in Japan & it's such a painfully slow process. During the time it's taken to load an individual blog site, I've done a load of washing & prepared a 5-course meal. It's high time work bit the bullet, dipped into their Mattress Money & installed a Server in Sydney.

I'll still blog, but they'll be short & sweet posts (was that a collective sigh of relief I heard?!). But I just won't be able to get around as much I'd like, so I'll miss you all. Hope your weekend is just fantastic.

Oh & a big hello to Karen, one of The Hedge's most regular Followers, who's recovering from eye surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, but while you're still under Dr's. orders, make sure you milk it for everything you can!!
Image: Bilia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online