RECENT POST

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Foot Fault


For those who may not be aware, the activities of my left leg & foot have been somewhat 'curtailed' for the past 8 weeks by this. To say it has been a frustrating experience would be a gross understatement, & to be honest, I have not handled the whole thing with much grace or good humour. However, I'm now free of all encumbrances & it's a magical feeling, except for one thing. My left foot wants nothing to do with my wardrobe of lovely high heels!

I need to go back to work next Tuesday & want to be looking my old self again. And quite frankly, I'm sure my long-suffering clients want the old sure-footed Millie back. My client visits since mid-November have involved them clearing space so I can hop in, finding me a chair to rest the clunky cast on & then wanting to discuss my injury at length with me rather than business - bless them, but I desperately want things to return to normal. The fracture has healed OK & all should be fine, so I can't understand why my foot is not happy. It just feels very fragile & tenuous when I slide it into the high heel position. Maybe it's a psychological thing, maybe not. Anyway, there will be lots of stern talking to that troublesome foot over the weekend. So come on left foot, give me a break (oops, no pun intended!) & let me live the 'high' life again!! I hope you all have a weekend that's more footloose & fancy free than I think mine will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online