RECENT POST

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life Is Beautiful

About half an hour after MOTH left early for work yesterday, I heard a knock on the front door. Shuffling up there in my vacation mode trackie dacks, I opened it to find a woman I didn't recognize standing there. 'Does MOTH live here?' she asked. When I confirmed he did, she handed me his wallet. 'I saw this lying in the middle of Ayers Hill Road, so stopped to pick it up.' Yep, you guessed it, in a rush to meet a client, MOTH had performed that old trick of leaving his diary & wallet on the roof of his truck & driving off. He turns up & onto Ayers Hill Road to head down into the village, so that's where they must have come adrift. I was truly humbled to think this stranger had stopped, looked at the address on MOTH's Driver's Licence & gone out of her way to return it. All his credit cards & cash were still inside untouched.


I phoned him straight away & he turned around & headed straight back up the Freeway, as his diary still wasn't accounted for. Even more important than his wallet, I could hear the panic in his voice. His diary is his lifeline - jobs done, jobs scheduled, client contact numbers, quotes & estimates - he'd really be cactus if that went AWOL. Much to my relief, he arrived home not long after with the diary, looking a little battered & worse for wear but still intact. He'd found it in the long grass on the side of the T-junction into Stirling.

A timely reminder that life is full of good & kind people who live by a decent & honest code. I made MOTH promise to hold that thought & if the opportunity arises, to Pay It Forward.

And I made the same promise to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online