RECENT POST

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Renee With Love

As much as I would want it otherwise, I don't have a creative side to my personality. I am happiest analyzing, mentally deconstructing, then reconstructing & presenting solutions. I'm a 'Thinker'. And over the Christmas vacation I was doing a lot of thinking on the beach. Thinking about this blog.

What's it all about, where is it going, where do I really want it to go, the content, the format, the look, but more than anything I was thinking about you. The loyal band of blog brothers & sisters who are The Laurel Hedge. Those of you who have been here since my first post, who still come by each day. I adore you, each & every one of you. Then those who've followed a trail here through others & have stayed as well. Lovely, lovely people that you are. And then there are those who will come by in the future & join in, an exciting thought. I have a responsibility to you all & that's what I was thinking about the most. Not that it worries me, quite the opposite. I really enjoy the ritual of thinking about & writing a daily post. It's added a balance to my left brain world that was missing.

But what I truly enjoy the most is seeing what others have to say. And that got me thinking some more. What is it that attracts me to their blog, what makes me want to become a regular reader & most importantly, what, if anything can I contribute. I guess it's only human nature to wonder if a comment I left did make a difference. Well this week I had my question answered here at Renee's post. The criteria for The Real Award is as follows:

This is an award is for those who are brave enough
to expose just enough to
reach, touch, and possibly help someone else
to see something differently.

I am giving this award to only 3 blogs.

The only requirement is authenticity.
Use these awards wisely.
And do a post on the award telling why you wish to pass it on.
Please link the award on your sidebar to this post.
*Then the meaning of this award will not get watered down or changed.*

And believe me, when I see this award on a blog,
I will STOP, READ, and LISTEN to the message,
and the messenger.
Maybe others will too.

OK this means that I have to think again & I've been doing lots of that. I want to ensure the criteria of Renee's beautiful Award is carried forth. So here are the three blogs that to me fulfil Renee's criteria perfectly. These 3 friends, through their postings and comments (like Renee said so kindly about Willow, Deb & myself) have touched me in ways they will never know. And they are authentic.

Meredith @ Count It All Joy. For ripping the sugar coating from the challenges of mothering a big brood of very active, inquisitive & loving kids. And for having the courage to share your doubts & vulnerabilities in the most exquisite of ways.

Carolyn @ Little Bear Studio. For true grace in all things. And for the positive contributions you make to others through your generous comments & considered observations.

Heidi @ Heidi Claire. For being Phyllis Diller's zany love child. And for making me run the gauntlet of every emotion in my body in 3 seconds flat with one of your brutally honest & soul-searching posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online