RECENT POST

Monday, September 6, 2010

Wet & Wild!

Our long weekend in Melbourne was glorious, but the weather just horrendous! We spent the whole time dodging the torrential wind & rain, but the time out & about with family & friends was just wonderful.

Friday night was a big night out for MOTH's birthday & a well-deserved fall off the diet wagon. Here he is with Son #2, cushioning his fall with a huge plate of profiteroles swimming in hot fudge sauce. My camera chose this weekend to confirm what I had suspected for a while, that it's on it's last legs & a replacement is now a major priority, so the quality of the pics are atrocious. (Rosemary, I'll be heading over to take advice for the replacement from you - your images are always so amazing.)

Saturday night's party for dear L's. big birthday was fantastic. MOTH's sister thought this pre-party pic was nice.

But I much prefer this 'misty' image that the dying camera produced. The halo to the left of my head is fab - it actually confirms what I've been telling MOTH all these years about my angelic persona!

After dinner at The Melbourne Club, we all moved into a large function room that used to be the old Royal Tennis Court. MOTH dared me to take a pic of the very un-PC items on the wall up on the gallery. It was the best of nights, & we had a fantastic time. Sadly, my couple of pics of the birthday girl & her family were totally trashed thanks to my dodgy camera.

MOTH was a little tired & emotional around 1 a.m., & found the MC's podium a jolly good place to 'rest'.

Sunday bought Father's Day & Son #1's birthday. The rain held off for a little while, & here's Sons 1, 2 & 3 & my sweet SIL tucking into a yummy lunch at her place.

MOTH, his sister, her fella & the boys.

Son # 2 wanted this pic deleted, so I am!!! I've taken an Annual Leave day today, so I'd better head off & attack the pile of laundry we've brought home. The other half of the shower screen has been installed this morning, & I've just spent the past half hour in the Bathroom-From-Hell cooing & sighing over the gorgeous thing! MOTH's on notice that he's got to put the ceiling up in there this weekend, or I'll halve his already stingy diet rations.

Image 1: Sky Scrapers
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online