RECENT POST

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bunny's Revenge


MOTH's pseudonym amongst our friends is Mr. McGregor. As you may recall he was the farmer from the Tales of Peter Rabbit & it was his garden that Peter sneaks into & eats as many vegetables as he can before Mr. McGregor spots him and gives chase. Peter does manage to escape, but not before losing his jacket and his shoes, which Mr. McGregor dresses his new scarecrow in & Mrs. McGregor threatens to put Peter 'in a pie'. Over the years, my Mr. McGregor has been the bearer of much fruit & vegies from his plot to our friends & neighbours, so the name is more a term of endearment I guess, although MOTH can be very ferocious when called upon, rather like the character in Miss Potter's books.

Well, much to my amazement, my Mr. McG. announced over dinner one night last week that we are getting some chooks! But this time I was prepared, & within a couple of seconds I was able toss my design file down in front of him & say 'Have I got a chook house for you!' Many years ago I'd clipped an article about Bunny William's Connecticut farmhouse & the amazing 'pavilion' that houses her hens. Her chookies + her partner John's doves are 'elegantly quartered in a pavilion & circular run she copied from an old English aviary'.

I won't bore you with MOTH's 'colourful' response, but in summation, I've got buckley's chance of having a coop this elegant for any chooks that may become ours - but its always worth a try! It will be lovely to have some chookies again & I've done some research & found a few other building ideas that MOTH could adapt in creating something befitting the Hedge chookies. Only elegant & stylish birds need apply!

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE IN THE POLL - I NEED ALL THE AMMUNITION I CAN GET TO PRESENT TO MOTH!


What about the cute Gypsy Caravan look complete with window boxes?




This one is very mid-West Farmhouse chic.


Or this very stylish Rhode Island cottage creation.


Or this cute Country Store look-alike.




We could go European with this Swiss Chalet reproduction.


Do you believe this Medieval Castle coop!




The country style Barn is ever so gorgeous.



Or what about the Bohemian look complete with artisanal mosaics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online