RECENT POST

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Swings & Roundabouts


Much to my amazement, it's The Hedge's 200th post today - excluding drafts (thanks Vanya!). I think for many of us, this week has brought much communication on this whole Blogging thing, & yesterday, Vicki A. over at French Essence put into words what many of us have been thinking - thanks dear Vicki for going so boldly where others feared to tread!

However much I've tried in my life, the art of reflection has evaded me, too impatient I think. I eschew intellectualizing issues - for right or wrong, I tend to just do it. Now this, dear Readers, has served me well on 99% of occasions, the 1% I won't discuss, but involves a previous husband!

So I want to share with you all that each of the 200 posts has been a joy to do, yes as Vicki mused, there will always be some hits & some misses - but you know, who cares about the misses, learn from them & move on!! I revisited my 100th post this morning & I still feel exactly the same today about the comments I made then.

"All your comments & support have added a wonderful dimension to my life, one that I truly never expected when I started on my blogging journey. It has been such a pleasure strolling through your sites each day - thank you for the constant inspiration, your insightful commentaries, breathtaking photos, laughter & friendship"

However, I would like to add one further thought - IT'S FUN!! And long may it continue to be so. So The Hedge will continue to be a place of Political Incorrectness (thanks to MOTH!) & laughter (yes, thanks to MOTH again!!). So if I get too serious or maudlin or precious, for goodness sake TELL ME!!! I'll send myself off to the naughty corner immediately!

We have 5 rooms left on our renovation journey & our shed is still full of power tools for MOTH to 'play' with, so I'm extremely confident that The Hedge won't run out of material for some time. And that, along with the impending Footy Season will see MOTH in full flight, mark my words!

It's almost the weekend - so go enjoy my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online