RECENT POST

Monday, February 16, 2009

Secret MOTH Business











All images Darblay Wood

Suffice to say dear MOTH's been in the Dog-House a few times in the course of our relationship - metaphorically & physically! Generally any little marital tiff ends with him loudly declaring "Right, that's it, I'm off to the Men's Shelter!" & a slamming of the front door. 2 minutes later he's arrived at the said Shelter, which interestingly has a sign over the door which says Stirling Hotel!
I asked him if he was able to design his ultimate bolt-hole, what criteria would be important. As he is a simple man (I do jest, he's actually far more complicated than I give him credit for!) here they are. Basic bed, fully stocked beer refrigerator, never-ending food supply, bathroom with lots of reading material, radio to listen to the footy (not a TV man my MOTH!), fishing rod, plenty of comfortable old clothes (not necessarily clean), no way of communicating with me & phone to call his Broker (not sure where that one came from)! Given his love of boats & water, when I showed him this wonderful building his eyes positively glazed over & I could see him thinking, thinking!

Jerome Darblay is a French photographer turned creator of bespoke wooden houses. He built this amazing boathouse for clients on a private lake in the grounds of their 18th-century chateau south-west of Paris. More of Jerome's stunning houses in a follow-up post next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online