RECENT POST

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wisteria Lane



All images Lear Mahoney

I really don't fall into the Desperate Housewives category - not skinny or crazy enough & as a previous post lamented, I don't have Mike the Plumber. However, I do have 2 delightful Wisterias patiently waiting in their pots for me to something with. Son # 5 dropped them off a few weeks ago, after over-ordering for a client, so Mum Millie's inherited them. We had the most glorious one at our old house, wrapping itself the entire length of the wrought iron work on our return verandah. When it was in full bloom in October, it used to stop the traffic on our street, with cars screeching to a halt & folk jumping out with their cameras.

However, since these 2 arrived MOTH & I have been scratching our heads as where to best place them. We know they need a sunny spot & as they can get out of hand in the blink of an eye, somewhere we can easily maintain them. So we did a complete lap of the property on Sunday arvo trying to find the best place, & returned none the wiser. Most of the walls of our house are covered in mature Boston Ivy which we really like, so we are lacking a wall for them. I stumbled across these pics in my file & while we don't have a pool deck area, I really like the way in which they've been pleached. So watch this space, they are starting to look like those desperate girls on Wisteria Lane & I need to find a permanent place for them very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online