RECENT POST

Monday, December 14, 2009

Cast Your Vote Boys

1. Buckingham Palace State Dining Room (your Mother's personal favourite)

OK boys here's the deal. I've done the maths & six dining chairs into fifteen of us won't go for Christmas lunch. MOTH suggested that we could play the old musical chairs game, & those without a chair at the end will just have to plonk anywhere & balance a plate & a drink as best as they can. I feel that is not appropriate, so I've been looking at alternatives. It would mean a little travel to get there on the day, but hey, it means that we all get a seat around the table & that's what really matters. I'm sure I can borrow one of these lovely venues, I do know that in the case of #1, the particular family involved will be having their Family Feud Day at one of their other castle's.

However, there would be a few rules to abide by first. Please read & agree to them before casting your vote.

  • No feet up on the seat opposite.

  • No flip-flops, make an effort & find a pair of shoes from somewhere & wear them.

  • No stubbies on the table - as difficult as it may be, please pour your beer into a glass.

  • No T-shirts with 'dubious' messages (particularly the 'I Competed in the XV World Cannabis Cup' designer Tee I've spoken to you about before) - a bit of decorum on the day will go far.

  • Baseball caps off, yes off for the whole of lunch.

  • Give the can of deodorant that I bought you 3 years ago a run - pleeeeease!

  • Keep the loud raucous laughter to a gentle hum.

  • No dissing the Security guards. (especially if # 2 wins.)

  • No slipping Acca Dacca's Highway To Hell into the middle of the carefully selected Sacred Christmas music compilation that I like to play during lunch. The shock would be all too much for me

  • Sorry, but as much as I like them, your mates Rizza, Jimbo, Markie-Mark, Damo, Little Mattie, Jace, Kymbo, C-Dog, Ango & Spadey need to find somewhere else to eat & drink this Christmas.

2. White House Dining Room

3. Winfield House

4. Leeds Castle

5. 10 Downing Street

6. The Royal Yacht Britannia (this gets MOTH's vote)

So there you have it - 6 very nice places with dining settings big enough to accommodate the lot of us. Yes, I know you might say they lack a little of the ambience of our place, but I reckon it would only take a few minutes & we'd make it feel just like home. MOTH spilling the wine, Son #2 being reprimanded for his appalling eating habits, Son #3 texting under the table the entire meal, Son #4 reeling off his very 'colourful' jokes encouraged by MOTH & Son #5 constantly filling up my wine glass so I completely forget the entire lunch!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online