RECENT POST

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chair Love + Thanks

I'm a shocker when it comes to pillows on chairs & sofas. Not only do I want them for the extra pizzaz they add to a room, I need them desperately for behind my back. I drive everyone mad as I flop down in the seat. At least a further 3-5 minutes of wriggling, plumping, fussing, arranging & finally sighing, goes on before I truly settle down. These beautiful chairs come from Pimpernel & Partners in London. Yes, they are a blank canvas sans pillows, but just imagine how they'd look with some beauties of your choice. Their shapes are gorgeous & each tells its own story - so do tell us which shape turns your head & what pillows you'd add to make it truly your own. P.S. Because I love a bedroom chair, the ever-so pretty Capucine has my vote.

The Malplaquet (a gentleman's armchair in the Georgian style)


The Pakefield Wingback (a replica from the first decade of the 20th century capturing a ‘no-nonsense’ simplicity)


The Capucine (named after the similarity of its shape to a nun’s veil)


The Combray (robust & roomy replica of a 19th century French chair, with a chapeau de gendarme shaped back)


The Percy (named after the Pimpernel himself, this 1940s French replica is a low, very comfortable, country chair)


The Scroll-Back (a replica of a French early 19th Century chair of the Napoleonic age - delicate and a little raffish)



One of the loveliest things about Blogging is that someone else thinks you worthy of a special treat. I was thrilled to receive these Awards recently - thank you so much to each of the Treaters, you really made this Treatee's day!


Marina at Iced Vo-Vo's is an Aussie girl living in London with her family. Her very stylish & fun posts are a must read. Her shopping gene is in excellent working order & we get to see the results. Thank you Marina for my 5 Diamonds Award!

If you haven't made your acquaintance with the gorgeous Carolyn over at Little Bear Studio, then stop reading this & head over pronto. A more caring, beautiful person you won't find. Yes, she's a Kiwi (I forgave her long ago!), but her delightful posts always leave you wanting more. Thank you dear Carolyn for my Gorgeous Award!



Rosa over at Un Peu Plus Jolie posts the loveliest images of her home & family. A gentle & spiritual soul, she uses her carefully crafted pieces to add beauty to her home in the most wonderful way. Thank you Rosa for my Ooh La La Award!

Chair images: Pimpernel & Partners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online