RECENT POST

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Game, Set & Match?


As some of you are aware, when we bought our 'Renovators Delight' nearly 4 years ago, we also 'won' a disused clay tennis court at the bottom of our garden as part of the deal. Currently MOTH uses the space as his Blokes Therapy Space - think wood piles of different degrees of readiness for our Winter fire, big vegie patches all in containers, the Christmas Lillies in their pots, etc. Although it's surrounded by very big old trees, it's actually the sunniest area on our entire property, so it's quite a drawcard.

I've always thought I'd like to restore it to it's original use like the wonderful Tennis Court in the first image. Then I saw this fabulous Petanque Court & changed my mind instantly. The boys play a mean game of Bocce, so I guess I could convert them to the more refined French game fairly easily. They would just have to yell in more hushed & restrained tones!

Then I saw this stunner from the Architectural firm of Brooks & Falotico & those 2 ideas went out the window! I want this beauty built & built quickly - the perfect Millie retreat to escape the grumpy Christmas Grinch! I could install a Boom Gate on the path coming down from the house & that certain Grinch would be barred.




Looking at our poor neglected court from the path that meanders through the garden down from the house.
This space is just crying out 'Build on me, build on me!'
.
Image 1: Allan Greenberg. Image 2: Granoff Architects. Images 3, 4 & 5: Brooks & Falotico

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online