RECENT POST

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Can't Be 400!

(Fast forward to 2084. The world's oldest female blogger Millie from South Australia turned 128 this year. Her 5 unmarried sons aged 98-105 who all live at home, said that their Mother was always blogging & was becoming increasingly aggressive when asked to relinquish her chair at the computer. Millie's 138 year old husband MOTH, declined to comment other than to say that by his calculations, his wife's refusal to use Ad Sense on her blog has cost him approx. $127m. over the 76 years her blog has been active. He is considering legal action.)

Blogger tells me this morning that I'm 400 - well back at ya Blogger, I don't feel a day over 53! Actually all I feel is a huge sense of embarrassment, that I've gone on & on & on mostly about nothing, occasionally about something & on that very rare occasion, there's been an accidental winner (that was the day the poor old Washington Post accidentally stumbled into The Hedge by mistake, thinking it was some swankie swisho design blog thingie!). I bet they wish they could rewind that tape! From my very first post in May '08 I knew I'd found something that was going to add something really special to my life & by golly IT HAS!

So to all my lovely Hedgies, delightful new chums & the dearest of old friends, thank you from the bottom of my heart for EVERYTHING that you add to my life. Visiting your blogs is such a treat - all the beauty, wisdom, humour & fun that each of you create every day is so awesome! This year life has chucked a couple of unexpected 'challenges' at me & your support & friendship has helped me through those times in ways you'll never know. Each time I hit New Post, I still get that little tingle of excitement, & while I'm still tingling, The Hedge will continue to amble/lurch forward. MOTH often asks me how I can find something new to post on each day. A rather silly question really - if only he knew!!

P.S. Pics of Saturday's wedding tomorrow.

Image: UZ Daily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online