RECENT POST

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hail King Grumpy XVI


Every Dec. 1st, as regular as clockwork, King Grumpy arrives to take up residence at The Royal Palace of The Hedge. I dust off the royal throne, prepare the royal bed in the royal guest room, arrange for additional supplies of his favourite royal beverage & then lie low! When I heard the royal carriage pull into the driveway last night, I disappeared into the far reaches of the palace & waited for the King to summon me. It didn't take long before I heard the royal bellow.

'I've got too much work on, I'm trying to please everyone, I've got no time for myself, I'm a month behind with Invoices, the overdraft's out of control 'cos I haven't had time to bill anyone, my cell phone won't stop ringing, I'm tired, I'm fed up, - I HATE CHRISTMAS!'

Yep, this is the annual Royal Christmas message from His Highness & it never changes. This is the 16th Christmas I've shared with King Grumpy & every year when asked, I give him the same advice as I give the 5 Royal Princes - UNDER PROMISE & OVER DELIVER!! To this end the King has decided to ignore my sage words & every year we have the same drama. I'm counting the hours until King Grumpy departs on Dec. 26th & is replaced by the far more affable King MOTH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online