RECENT POST

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bearing Gifts

MOTH had a very grumpy day on Sunday. The first thing he said when he woke up was 'I'm going to be very grumpy today' & boy, was he ever right! Too much on at work, not enough time, his old war wounds giving him heaps, his Business Activity Statement to do & the record heatwave weather he had to work through all week had finally caught up with him. I kept a low profile & let him alone most of the day, but he was still a real pain.

Last night he phoned me from his work truck saying he was on the way home & he was bringing me a present to apologize for being such an old grump. Now most women would be thinking flowers, perfume, champers - that sort of thing, not our MOTH. In through the door he burst, a grin from ear to ear with this - not quite what I had in mind!


P.S. Thanks everyone for your enquiries re my injury. After my terrible dose of the Miserable Millie's on Friday, I thought I wouldn't subject you to any more whinges, I'd try & make The Hedge a 'Busted Foot Free Zone'. I can't change what's happened, I just need to get on with things. Anyways, the pain has let off somewhat now the fracture's well & truly immobilized, & I managed to push a trolley around the supermarket late yesterday one-footed, so I guess it's not all bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online