RECENT POST

Monday, November 16, 2009

So Not Happy!


Yep, that's my foot & little pinkies in the pic. I had a 'slight' altercation with a metal balustrade in a stairwell at the Hospital in the midst of my product trial week last Thursday. My foot discoloured to a delightful shade of blue/black & has been extremely painful, but I was hoping that it was just a soft tissue injury. After a sleepless night, I decided to bite the bullet & get an XR this morning. Unfortunately there's a nasty spiral fracture in my toe extending down into my foot. I'd stamp my foot with sheer frustration, except that I'd probably pass out with the pain! The Orthopaedic Surgeon has delayed putting the plaster on until Friday as it's going to be 41C. (108F.) here tomorrow & Thurs. He said I'd come after him with a big stick & beat him to a pulp if he plastered me prior to the heatwave! I'm sitting here sobbing about all the Christmas Parties & a flash wedding we have in the diary for December - & how I can disguise a big ugly plaster cast!!

The sign on the stairwell said 'Be Active, Take the Stairs!' so I did - I'm yet to see the benefit of that decision!

P.S. The padded headboards & schmick new blind look absolutely fabulous, we're thrilled! In fact I shed a little tear yesterday at their gorgeousness, but in light of what's transpired today, I think the tears may have had more to do with the pain in my broken foot rather than my new lovelies from the very talented Miss Richfields!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online