RECENT POST

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Bedroom Blues


Honestly just how hard can tweeking a bedroom be? Well, let me tell you - BLOODY HARD! The time line goes like this.
  1. Early 2009 MOTH surprises me by giving me the OK to retire our lovely old brass & iron bed for a whole new look.

  2. A couple of months spent looking, looking everywhere, the only bed I see I like is $4,500, MOTH goes grey when told, back to the drawing board.

  3. Decide I'll do the padded headboard look. Take whole lot of fabric samples home, spend a couple of weeks mulling over them & trying to get MOTH into the bedroom for 2 mins. to discuss options & gain approval of my choice.

  4. Decide on fabric, take samples back, ask my mate dear Char from Richfields Decor to come & measure up.

  5. My work heats up, some travel, many conferences, too busy for a few weeks to co-ordinate a time with Char.

  6. Then Char is snowed under at work, so can't meet up for a couple more weeks.

  7. Char returns 4 weeks ago, measures up, but as the current ensemble sits inside a frame, I need to dig out the original castors, take the ensemble out & put the old castors back on. Then she'll have to come back up for a final measure when the bed height from the floor is all correct. She's also doing a pleated valance in the same fabric as the headboard, so accurate measurement is crucial.

  8. Search high & low for a week for the castors. Can't find them anywhere, think I chucked them out. MOTH yells at me for being so silly as to not hold onto them unused for the past 14 years!.

  9. Stop in at Forty Winks to buy 12 new castors. They ask do I want a thin thread or a thick thread. Blank look from me. They tell me I need to go home & look on the ensemble to find the manufacturer's brand.

  10. Come home, next day struggle to lift huge King size mattress up & try & lever myself underneath it searching for the brand - can't. Remake entire bed as it's now a total shambolic wreck.

  11. Last Sunday ask MOTH to help me. He lifts up mattress, finds brand details, I hurriedly write them down.

  12. MOTH immediately whinges he doesn't want castors to go back on bed, reckons the bed will slide around everywhere. I try to explain that this won't happen on the carpet, but he's most unhappy.

  13. Last Thursday race back to Forty Winks, tell them the bed's manufacturer's details. They match up the castors, but I mentioned the issues with MOTH, so they suggest glides. Not castors but better. Take these home - I'm happy.

  14. Yesterday MOTH grumpy, but he eventually takes the whole bed apart. Turns ensemble base upside down, I race in all excited with the 12 glides. MOTH tries to screw the first one in, he yells at me that they are too thin & they are because I've been given the wrong ones!!!!

  15. Throw bag of glides back in my handbag for an exchange. Race up to computer, place an online ad. for old bed.

  16. Help MOTH carry old bed out into hallway & spend next hour cleaning it.

  17. Totally remake bed with MOTH, who grumbles that the bedroom looks bare with just the ensemble. Give him the Millie death stare.

  18. Collapse in a heap at 7p.m. quite teary & fed up with the whole thing. And to think the order hasn't even been started yet - grrrrrr!

  19. Race down the Freeway today & visit Forty Winks for the third time to exchange the wrong product for what will hopefully be the right one. Ring Char & try to rebook at time that's suitable for the both of us for a final measure. Lord give me strength to face the day.
    Image: Chic Shack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online