RECENT POST

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Love is in the Air


Yes, it's that time again here behind The Hedge. And before you jump to any fast conclusions, it's love in our garden not in the MPP! Almost to the day every year, MOTH & I are awakened by the amorous goings-on of our resident koalas. Last night the boy koala took my advice from last year, put Barry White on the koala stereo & spent a couple of very noisy hours actively pursuing his lady-love right outside our bedroom window.

When I took my breakfast coffee out for a hobble around the garden this morning, he was still sitting in the undergrowth by our hedge. Tired & emotional from his night of 'romance', he let me come right up to him. Hopping through this part of our jungle garden with crutches & camera was a challenge, but what a treat it was to be able to have a little chat with our resident Lover Boy! I was thrilled to see him looking so healthy & fat, last year they were all scrawny & in poor condition due to the relentless drought we were experiencing. So for him, I guess you could say the drought's broken in more ways than one!
Image: Millie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online