RECENT POST

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not Dr. McDreamy

Image: thank you beautiful Lucyina for this perfect pic.

.....just a middle-aged, balding, slightly overweight Professor of GI Surgery who I could have planted the biggest smooch ever on! After 2 weeks of being given a mixture of blank & worried looks by all manner of 'Eggsperts' as MOTH calls them, in just 10 minutes on Friday 'Not Dr. McDreamy' threw all the puzzle pieces up in the air & bingo..... they dropped down on his desk as a perfect picture. Finally I have a diagnosis, not one I wanted to hear, but nonetheless, something I can move on with. So please give 'Not Dr. McDreamy' a big hand for his excellent detective work & diagnostic skills.

It appears that the emergency surgery I had to 'evict' a very angry gall bladder & the 90-odd stones that had taken up residence in it when I was 24 & my first baby was just 2 weeks old, has come back to haunt me. It was well before laparscopy was commonly used, so it was an open procedure. Apparently, the Surgeon who performed the original procedure used a new whizz-bang intraoperative anastomotic technique that was soon found to be less than optimal & quickly abandoned. 'Not Dr. McDreamy' said he has only ever seen one other patient presenting with the same issue & the resultant severe complications. Oh, joy!

So the result is that I require surgery to try & reverse what was done originally - big cross sighs & stamping of foot from me! I still feel decidedly unwell & am an 'interesting' shade of mellow yellow, but at least I've got a plan of action to work with.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your sweet messages of care & support, they have been overwhelming. And in my darkest moments, when the 'Eggsperts' were thinking but not speaking about worst case scenario stuff, your concern lifted my spirits immensely.

I need to give myself some much needed TLC, sit down at the dressing table & plan something which will replenish my soul & strengthen my reserves for what lies ahead. And that means nothing changes here, except that certain Guest Blogger who's been quietly plotting & scheming a takeover, had better think again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online